Assignment grades will count for two-thirds of the final course grade. The proctored exam will count for one-third of the final course grade. Students will receive a number grade, expressed as a percent, for all required assignments and the proctored exams. The final course score will be a letter grade equating to the following number/percentage scores:
F Less than 60% - failing grade
Novel Engineering reserves the right to refuse course credit and provide a partial refund when cheating is strongly suspected.
Upon payment, materials will be sent as soon as administratively possible, typically in 4-6 business days.
In the event that a student is not completely satisfied with the contents of a course or program, or for some other reason wishes to terminate enrollment, the student may contact Novel Engineering – Technical Training to request a refund based on the schedule below. A full refund, less a $50.00 administrative fee, will be given for any course or module if study materials are returned in the condition in which they were received within 30 days of receipt of the study materials. The student will be responsible to pay for return shipping. After 30 days, refunds will be pro-rated as follows, minus the nonrefundable $50.00 administrative fee:
Within 90 days of enrollment 75% of course or module fee
After 90 days and within 6 months of enrollment 65% of course or module fee
After 6 months and within 9 months of enrollment 55% of course or module fee
After 9 months and within 1 year of enrollment 45% of course or module fee
After 1 year from enrollment Contact Novel Engineering – Tech. Trng.
The pro-rated refund is contingent upon the return of study texts in the condition in which they were received. The student may elect to purchase the text(s). It is the student’s responsibility to pay for return shipping.
Timely Completion of Coursework
The written correspondence method of delivering training offers a great deal of scheduling flexibility for the student. There is no specific start time or time limit for the completion of a course or module. However, the student is expected to make steady progress, even if the progress is slow-paced. By making steady progress, the student will adjust to workable study habits and maintain continuity of the subject matter being studied. We recommend that students complete a 45-hour course within six months. If a student wishes to suspend study for a period of time, with the expectation of resuming studies at a later date, the student should contact Novel Engineering to discuss an inactive status. Students may resume studies within one year of going on inactive status by contacting Novel Engineering and by submitting a $40.00 administration fee. There may be other fees assessed such as textbook costs if a change has been made to the program while the student was on inactive status.
Re-Taking a Proctored Exam
If a student fails to score at least 60% on any proctored exam, the exam can be re-taken once. There will be a $25.00 administrative fee assessed. If a passing grade is still not achieved, the instructor will assign additional coursework for a fee of one-third of the course fee. A proctored exam will be administered following completion of the additional coursework.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you use our Products or Website, you may be asked for personally identifiable information such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number.By giving us such information, you will need to consent by using it in the manner described in this policy.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will return or destroy your personal information within five days of receipt of your withdrawal of consent.
All security on our Website is treated seriously. Where applicable, we undertake security steps, including use of SSL technology, on our back-end systems that store customer account information and to protect data transmissions. However, this is not a guarantee that such data transmissions cannot be accessed, altered or deleted due to firewall or other security software failures.
If you have any further concerns about security, please email our Customer Service team at email@example.com
The term 'Novel Engineering' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 449 Washington Street Camden Maine United States 04843. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
1. The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
3. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
4. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
5. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
6. All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.